Globe GCASH is a virtual wallet service offered by Globe Telecom for their mobile subscribers (postpaid or prepaid). It allows any Globe or TM (Touch Mobile) user to send and receive money, pay bills, buy prepaid load, and even to use the American Express Virtual Pay service (a real AMEX credit card that works as a debit card).
GCASH started sometime 2004 of October, and had its 10th year anniversary last year. When it was first offered, mCommerce (Mobile Commerce) was new and limited but today you can use it almost anywhere. If you’re dreaming of a cashless society, this is one way of living that dream.
But how do we use GCASH anyway? That is the question, right? I get asked that a lot whenever I endorse the use of GCASH. The second reaction? It is confusing and I agree. With the growing number of card related offerings, the ordinary Juan — like you and me — can hardly keep up with what’s what.
Allow me to present GCASH from a Juan perspective, and perhaps, help you decide if this is indeed for you.
Here’s a short list of what you can do with your GCASH:
- Buy load for yourself or your friends, and you get as much as 10% rebate
- Pay your bills
- Use it as your AMEX Virtual Pay money source and shop online, anytime, anywhere
- Buy online and have it shipped in the Philippines, for a low-cost rate via My Shopping Box and GCASH partnership
- Transfer money from abroad to your loved ones (and have them withdraw it conveniently via the GCASH ATM Card)
- Accept payments for your services or pay for theirs
- Use it locally as a debit card or mobile wallet
GCASH is a convenience I cannot live without. I don’t have to carry a large amount of cash with me, I only carry enough for transportation and drinks. If an establishment doesn’t accept an EPS transaction (like my BPI ATM card), more likely than not, they accept GCASH mobile transactions.
Cashless is the way forward, especially when thieves of all kinds and types can smell the cash from afar. GCASH has positioned itself for the past 10 years to be your secondary wallet, a mobile and virtual one combined.
Without further ado, here are the list of articles in this series, in order of what I believe is a good way to make that switch.
- How-To Get & Activate Your GCASH Virtual Wallet
- How-To Load Your GCASH Wallet
- Where Can You Use Your GCASH Wallet
- Get Your Personalised GCASH ATM Card Now
- Introducing the GCASH-AMEX Virtual Pay Service
- How-To Add Your GCASH-AMEX Virtual Pay Account to PayPal
- How-To Order From Amazon and Ship It to the Philippines
Related articles across the web
What is Globe GCASH? by Yuki (雪亮) is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at Legal Notice.